The Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education was created after World War II in the small Italian city of Reggio Emilia.
It focuses on fostering relationships between children, teachers, parents, and community. And, it builds on the idea that each child has the desire to connect with others, engage in learning, and enter into a relationship with his or her environment. The hands-and-minds-on exploration of materials and media is an essential part of the approach. Lesley University offers workshops, courses, and an institute, each year, all of which focus on teaching participants Reggio Emilia methods.
26th Annual Reggio Emilia Institute
Our 2018 Reggio Emilia Institute event will be held Saturday, May 5 and Sunday, May 6. Details are forthcoming. Last year's theme was "The One Hundred Languages of Children: Possibilities for Learning and Community Through Use and Transformation of Materials."
Discover the learning opportunities inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood education. At Lesley University, we offer courses, workshops, an institute, and travel study options dedicated to teaching educators Reggio Emilia methods.
Explore the Reggio Emilia approach through one of our three upcoming workshops in Boston, Massachusetts.
Download our Workshop Registration Form (pdf)
Learn more about Reggio Emilia theory and applications through our 1-3 credit course, offered both online and on-campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Childhood Education (EEDUC 5815.01)
- Cost per Credit: $625
- Registration Fee: $40
- Technology Fee: $30
- Term 1: Jan 22 – Feb 23, 2018 (online)
- Term 2: March 19 – April 20, 2018 (online)
- Term 3: May 5-6, 2018 (In Cambridge, MA)
This course may be taken for 1, 2, or 3 credits.
- Participants enrolling in the course for one credit are required to attend the Institute on May 5-6, 2018 in Cambridge, Massachusetts and submit a paper based on this experience.
- Those enrolling for two credits attend the Institute and enroll in the online course for either the period from Jan
- Those enrolling for three credits participate in the online components of the course from Jan through April, and attend the Institute on May 5-6, 2018 . The cost of attending the Institute is included in the course fee.
Return our course registration form (PDF) to Event Manager, Carol Campos at Lesley University, 29 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138.