English Language Proficiency
We want you to be successful in your program. If your native language is not English, we require that you provide proof of your English proficiency.
You can show your proficiency in one of these ways:
- We require a minimum score of 105 on this test.
- Minimum score of 80 on the Internet test.
- Submit your score. Use Lesley University’s CEEB code: 3483.
- A score of 6.5 or higher
- Contact the center where you took the test. Request that they send your official Test Report Form to Lesley University.
- C1 Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
English as a Second Language (ESL) Program Partnerships
We have partnered with several language schools to help you meet the English requirement. Complete the curriculum at one of the schools, at the specified level.
Then, get a letter from the program coordinator or teacher. The letter should explain that your English is proficient for college-level study.
Here are our partner schools and levels we require:
- ASC English in Boston
Complete Level 5.
- Boston International Academy
Undergraduate Students: Complete High Advanced I Level.
Graduate Students: Complete High Advanced II Level.
- Boston University Center for English Language and Orientation Programs (CELOP)
Complete Level 7 with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Embassy English
Complete Level C1.
- FLS International
Complete Level 15.
- Stafford House International
Complete Level 6.
English Language Requirement Waiver
If English is not your native language, but you’ve graduated from a school or program that was taught in English, you may qualify to have the language requirement waived.
If it’s not noted on your transcript, request a letter from your high school, college, or university stating your language of instruction was English.