Community of Scholars Day
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Proposal Submission Deadline: January 28, 2020
Community of Scholars 2020 Submission Page.
Community of Scholars Day
Community of Scholars Day (COS) is an all-day event where the impressive work that is currently being done at Lesley University is presented and celebrated. All members of our community – students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to submit a proposal to share your work. Whether your passion is in the arts and sciences, education, mental health, business, leadership, adult learning, social justice and activism, or another pertinent topic, we welcome your contributions!
Conference Theme: What's Our Vision?
As we enter a new decade, let’s reflect on what has passed and envision what lies ahead. This year, we are inviting you to share your ideas, work and scholarship related to how you see us moving forward as a community.
You may see our future through a lens that brings civic engagement into our schools, uses the principles of Universal Design for Learning to increase educational equity and access, rethinks the role that our individual and institutional choices have on the climate crisis, or creates art that will continue to tell our society’s story long after its storytellers are gone.
Submit your proposal through this Community of Scholars 2020 Submission Page by January 28, 2020. You will be asked to provide:
- The names, roles and Lesley affiliations of all presenters/panelists
- A title (up to 10 words)
- A 150- to 250-word abstract
- A short (80 word) description of your project for publication in the program and on the website. Please indicate how your project is related to the theme of “What’s Our Vision?”
- Format Preference
- Presentation: One or more presenters discussing work they created together
- Panel: 3 or more presenters discussing work on related themes or topics
- Poster: Visual depiction of a topic or research project
- Workshop: An interactive session designed to teach or explore a technique or skill
- Artistic Performance or Installation: An expressive, visual or musical piece
Following a blind peer-review process of selection, you will receive an email response regarding your proposal during the week of February 10, 2020. For information and resources for constructing your proposal, see the COS Research Guide.
We look forward to your proposals and to our community-wide celebration of scholarship. Thank you in advance for helping us continue to showcase the talent in our Lesley Community, and publishing your work on Digital Commons to share with students and scholars throughout the world.