Experienced and informed teaching is important to students' literacy success. Our offerings can help you guide your students to meet and exceed the state standards in English Language Arts. We offer many different professional development opportunities to expand your expertise around the teaching of reading, writing, and language.
Each summer at Lesley, we host our Annual Summer Literacy Institute. The 2018 topic is Thinking, Talking, and Writing about Reading in a Literacy Classroom. Join us next summer to learn how to engage students in thinking, talking and writing about books. We will examine how to develop students as readers, writers, and thinkers through the facilitation of language use in the classroom.
On-Site Professional Development in Your School
Benefit from professional learning in the comfort of your school or district. Our faculty, trained by Irene Fountas, will bring our expertise teaching reading and writing to you and your colleagues. We will build upon your strengths and expand your capacity to improve student achievement. Learn more about these offerings below.
- Fountas & Pinnell Classroom (Grades K-2)
- The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum Institute (Grades K-2 or 3-8)
- Guided Reading (Grades K-2 or 3-8)
- Introduction to Genre Study (Grades K-2 or 3-8)
- Introduction to Teaching in a Readers’ Workshop (Grades K-2, 3-5, or 6-8)
- Introduction to Teaching in a Writers’ Workshop (Grades K-2, 3-5, or 6-8)
- Literacy Beginnings: A Pre-Kindergarten Continuum to Guide Teaching (Grades PreK-K)
- When Readers Struggle: Teaching That Works (Grades K-3)