Our 3 undergraduate art and design certificate programs are designed for students who already have a bachelor’s degree.
Create an account before you start your application. You can stop and save your application and return to complete it later. Upload your supporting documents in the online application.
You'll need to submit the following supporting materials.
You can send the documents separately, but we won't be able to make an admissions decision until we've received everything.
Send your official college transcripts to Lesley University’s Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Send a transcript for each institution you've attended, in English. If your transcript is not in English, submit a notarized translation of it.
Submit a digital portfolio of your strongest and most recent artwork.
All students applying to a BFA program, or undergraduate certificate program in art and design, are required to submit a digital portfolio as part of their application.
Submit your portfolio.
What to include:
- 12–20 images in drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, collage, photography, or other media (traditional or digital).
- Or, 12 minutes of video clips for a digital filmmaking portfolio.
- Review our portfolio tips to see what we're looking for.
BFA Program Applicants
Create your Common Application account before you upload your portfolio to Slideroom.
Advance Professional Certificate Applicants
You won’t use the Common Application, so you can upload your work to Slideroom at any time.
Upload Your Portfolio
- Create a Slideroom account.
- Select the type of applicant you are:
- Common Application First-Year (for freshman)
- Common Application Transfer (for transfer students)
- Advanced Professional Certificate (2-year program)
- Upload your work.
Slideroom requires you upload a minimum of 12 submissions. For example, if you submit 2 films to be considered for our Digital Film BFA program, you’ll need to submit 10 other forms of work (such as still frames) to complete your portfolio.
Activate your online account and review your status.
We’re so happy you’ve chosen to apply to Lesley University.
Soon, we'll assign you a Lesley University Online System (LOIS) account. When that happens, you'll be able to review the receipt of your admission application materials and financial aid documents.
Visit the Electronic Account Self-Service Portal.
You have to complete these 2 steps before you can log into your account.
- Click “Change my Password” to change your default password.
- Click “Create/Edit Profile” to create a user profile.
If you have password problems, visit the Self-Service Portal and choose "Reset my Password.”
If you have any difficulty using your LOIS account, contact Information Technology at 617.349.8770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access your account, click on the "Log In" tab and enter your username and password.
To view the receipt of your application and financial aid documents and materials:
- Log into LOIS.
- Click on the Log In tab.
- Enter your username and password.
- Select the "Students" link.
- Select "My Documents" under "Communication.”
- View the status of your application materials. "Received" or "waived" means that an individual requirement was completed.