Many of our opportunities can be used to earn PDPs for teacher recertification. The number of professional development points awarded varies by professional development opportunity offered.
- Upper-level or equivalent or lower-level undergraduate course 1 semester hour = 15 PDPs
- Upper-level undergraduate course or approved equivalent (content must be substantially new to the teacher) 1 semester hour = 22.5 PDPs
- Graduate-level course or approved equivalent 1 semester hour = 22.5 PDPs
- Undergraduate or graduate course or equivalent audits 1 semester hour = 7.5 PDPs
Also, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education will offer 1.5 PDPs per clock hour for professional development opportunities that:
- Total 10 hours, minimum;
- Include a product or pre- and post-content assignment; and
- Include a follow-up component.